Chorizo Quesadillas

On the weekends we like to splurge with our eating, but now that I'm 40, I can't go all out, even on weekends. I found this to be a way to feel like I'm splurging while still being pretty "good" on weekends. If you can find a more homemade version of chorizo at your meat counter, use that. 

1/4 lb. chorizo sausage 
1/4 lb. ground turkey
1 T. taco seasoning (I love the ones from Savory Spice Shop or Penzey's)
4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced 
1 small poblano pepper, chopped 
2 tsp. vegetable oil or oil spray 
2 large whole wheat tortillas (I like Xtreme Wellness wraps, they are only 1 point on WW!)
4 T.  Mexican cheese blend, colby jack or cheddar 

1. Cook chorizo and turkey. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 c. water. Cook until water is evaporated. Remove meat from pan and set aside in a small bowl.
2. Saute the mushrooms and poblano pepper. Set aside in a small bowl. 
2. Add oil to pan. Add one tortilla to pan and top with 1/2 of the meat mixture, vegetables and 2 T. cheese. Cook until lightly browned on one side. Turn and brown other side. 
3. Repeat to make the other quesadilla. 

Serves 2.
1 serving=1 quesadilla 



Comments