Spinach Artichoke Dip

I had been looking around for a good spinach artichoke dip recipe to snack on while watching some football on a cold winter Sunday. After vetoing a few recipes, I found this one on Annie's Eats, one of my favorite blogs. Annie created this one herself and it somehow sounded just like what I wanted. I lightened it up a bit by using light versions of the cream cheese, mayo and sour cream, and I can guarantee that if you did too and didn't tell anyone, no one would know! It turned out to be EXACTLY what I wanted! It was delicious, and perfect for our football game snack. Note: I have been making this dip for many years now and we still love it and make it often during the holidays and get togethers. I have found that sautéing the fresh spinach is a quick way to have the spinach ready without thawing and the warm spinach helps to blend the cream cheese more easily if you didn't have time to soften it! 

8 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
1/3 c. light mayo
1/3 c. light sour cream
1 bag fresh baby spinach, wilted by sautéing
1 c. coarsely chopped artichoke hearts
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (if you don't like spice, you can leave this out or lessen the amount)

1. Preheat oven to 400. 

2. Add all ingredients to a pie plate and combine until they are all blended evenly. Spread into an even layer. 
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. We love this dip with tortilla chips! 


Comments