Jambalaya

I've been making this dish for years. It was one of the first "real" things I learned to cook and it is definitely one of my favorites! What I like about it is that you can include what you want, add or subtract ingredients, and it's always yummy and easy! It also makes great leftovers, so I usually make the full batch and have some for lunches later!

2 tsp. olive oil
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. celery 
1/2 c. red or green bell pepper
1 tbsp. tomato paste
Cajun seasoning of your choice, to taste
6 oz.
Aidell's Andouille sausage
3 garlic cloves
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion (or your favorite, I have used Fire Roasted diced tomatoes and that's good too!)
1 bay leaf
3 c. long grain rice
1/2 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp

1. Heat oil in a dutch oven or skillet over med-hi heat. Add onion and next 8 ingredients. Cook 7 min. or until veggies are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in rice and shrimp, cook 6 min. or until thoroughly heated. Discard bay leaf and serve. 

Serves 4
Serving=2 cups.

Comments