Cornish Hens

I made these for Sunday dinner. This is my mom's recipe, the kind that she knows in her head and doesn't have written down anywhere, so sorry if it's a little vague for you.

They are very easy, but take quite a bit of time to bake. They are fairly cheap too (the ones we got were $2.99 each). I think they would be excellent for entertaining, since guests would be very impressed! 1 box long grain wild rice mix
dried fruit of choice (I used a mixture of dried cherries and cranberries)
2 cornish hens
salt and pepper
butter
honey or jelly (I used honey)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Make the rice according to package directions. Add the dried fruit.
3. Unwrap the hens, empty them and place into a baking dish.
4. Put half of the rice into a bowl. Using a spoon, stuff each hen with this rice mixture.
5. Melt about 2 Tbsp. butter and add about 2 Tbsp. of honey. When the butter is melted, brush the mixture over the hens. Salt and pepper.
6. Bake the hens at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
7. Serve with the reserved rice (I also served them here with oven roasted cauliflower).

Comments