Antipasto Salad-Lightened Up!

I have always loved an antipasto salad, typically as an appetizer before pizza. In the summer when I have more time to chop and plan good lunches, I love trying new versions of salads. For the first week of summer vacation, I decided this would be great on the menu! Feel free to add or subtract toppings as you like.

1/2 romaine heart, chopped
1 handful of spring mix 
4 grape tomatoes, halved
1 mini orange sweet pepper, cut into rings
pepperoncinis to taste, cut into rings
Kalamata olives, halved
1/4 c. garbanzo beans, drained
1 artichoke heart, quartered
2 slices of Polish ham (I used Krakus)
1 slice of light swiss cheese (I used Jarlesberg Lite)
2 Tbsp. your favorite dressing

1. Chop the romaine and add the lettuce blend. Blend the two together. Add the next 9 ingredients.
2. Layer the swiss cheese between the two slices of ham and roll the 3 slices up. Slice to create pinwheels and arrange on top of the salad. Add your favorite dressing and serve!

Serves 1.

Comments